Friday, September 9, 2011

Expectations for Fall

This Fall I expect to spend much more time outdoors. I want to smell nature. Roll around in the leaves and the mud, examine tree bark, lick it's sap. I won't pull another summer repeat and spend most my time indoors basking in air conditioning and eating popsicles. NOOO! I will sit on a stump and have my own Giving Tree moments.

This Fall I expect to start calling it Autumn.

This Fall I expect to dress more like the artsy/creative type. I expect to dress with flair and coordination. No more jeans and t-shirts for me. It will all be vintage. If it is not more then 20 years old I won't be wearing it. I want people to look at me and think "hmmm, she looks like she just got finished painting something."

This Fall I expect to not crave a single cigarette.

This Fall I expect to learn how to spell cigarette.

This Fall I expect to maintain clean floors.

This Fall I expect to be homesick. Nostaligaaaaaauhhh, be kind to me. I expect to stalk through my Michigan friends photos cursing under my breath at their camping trips and cider mill visits and fresh, hot out of the oven cinnamon doughnuts. Doughnuts cause cancer, didn't you know? Fools.

This Fall I expect to sit around a plethora of bonfires. I expect my wilderness friends to teach me how to start a fire with nothing but a flint. I expect to cook hot dogs and marshmallows and get my friends to snuggle in blankets with whiskey hot cocoa.

This Fall I expect to become more culturally aware. I expect to catch up on every television show and independent film I have neglected. I expect to not be up to date on pop culture. I expect not to care.

This Fall I expect to listen to lots of Hans Zimmer and Warren Zevon.

This Fall I expect to learn all the chords so I can play my banjo around the previously forementioned bonfires I will be having.

This Fall I expect to make a fort.

This Fall I expect to find lentils and cook them.

This Fall I expect Winter to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment